Health, Family Welfare and Population
AIWC with its mission of working for the general progress and welfare of women
- Organizes health camps for detection of various illnesses among women and referral for treatment.
- Conducts awareness programmes on menstrual Hygiene
- Provides community health services through Mobile Health Vans reaching areas where there are negligible facilities for health care.
- Provides special care to expectant and nursing mothers, and children.
- Educates women about health, nutrition, sanitation, hygiene and family welfare.
- Organises sensitization programmes, (identifying alternate vocations if necessary) to safeguard health of rural working women (eg. beedi workers)
- Actively supports the cause of leprosy patients by providing day care centres for their children.
- Organizes Anemia camps to detect, treat and follow up action.
Capacity building and skill development programmes are conducted regularly, and successful trainees are provided financial support for entrepreneurial endeavours
- Adoption of Villages to empower rural women
- Vocational Training is provided to women in dairy farming, food processing, solar drying of farm products, and home based ventures with locally available raw materials.
- Leadership/Capacity building through training programmes.
- We Propagate the concept of self healp groups with finacial assitance to AIWC managed groups.