OM SAI RAM!
OM Bhadram karnebhi: shrunuyam Deva: I
Bhadram pasheymakshabhiryajatra: I
Sthirairangayeesthushtuwagm sastanubhi: I
Vyasheyam Devahitam yadayu: I
Swasthi na Indro Vrudhashrava: I
Swasti n: Poosha vishwveda: I
Swasti n:starkshyo arishtanemi: I
Swasti no Bruhaspati:dadhatu I
Om Shanti: Shanti: Shanti: II
(This Shloka is from Ganapati Atharvashirsha, which praises Lord Ganesha. This prayer in short means we should hear all good, our eyes should see all good, and our healthy, blessed body should be engaged in doing selfless service always.)
A big “Thank You” to each one of you for thinking me worthy & capable of this most prestigious post . Special thanks to all the Standing Committee Members across the country & also to the senior members of the various branches for guiding the new Standing Committee Members & helping them know that I would do justice to the faith that you all have placed in me by electing me as your President of this prestigious organisation, the All India Women`s Conference for the term 2020 to 2022. I am deeply indebted to you all for the same.
I began this Election journey with the blessings of our senior most Patron Padmabhushan Smt. Shobhanatai Ranade. Thanks also to our Patrons Mrs. Kuntiji Paul, Dr. Manoramaji Bawa, Mrs. Gomthiji Nair, Mrs. Veenaji Kohli, our new Patron Mrs. Rakeshji Dhawan & not to forget my Mentor, Guide, Patron Mrs. Binaji Jain. Her support to me , during my tenure as the Secretary General, her faith that I would one day head this organisation has given me the strength & reinstated my faith that yes, I can do it.!! Binaji I am ever so grateful to you!!
And how can I move forward without expressing my heartfelt gratitude to our Vice President Mrs. Rekha Akhilesh Sali for pushing me hard , tirelessly every day for the past few years and supporting me extensively through out last year. Thanks a TONNE Rekha. My gratitude is also due to our Mumbai Branch President and my close friend, silent worker, MIC Gender Sensitisation, Mrs. Harsha Ladhani
And now to come to my 3 year plan. I will begin with a short span of 4 months at a time. At the end of 4 months we can review the situation & then improvise on it & move ahead. It will be a result oriented and deadline based work. First & foremost I would like to work in complete harmony with all of you. Unless our minds are at peace our efficiency will not reach its peak. So if we have to bring out the best out of each one of us it is very necessary to maintain a healthy & a happy relationship with all our colleagues. Focus on Positivity always, as, positivity & positivity alone will give you the strength to perform in harmony with Nature. Do all your activities selflessly by devoting
it to God with ARPANBUDDHI and enjoy happiness and peace of mind.(Ishwara arpitameschayakrutam )
Times will never be the same. There will be times when the situation will be tough & it is in those situations that we make a choice, either sit back & complain about the wind, or we just expect the weather to change OR we take it in our stride, adjust our sails & face the storm. We should be “The Team” that is ready to take on the storm head on. Remember we are not “a team” just because we work together- We are a "team" because we respect, trust & care for each other.
The jobs that I now feel are the need of the hour are:
- OLD AGE HOME: The condition of our senior citizens in Vrindavan needs to be upgraded. The last days of these Matajis should be peaceful and comfortable.. The two plots that we have got in donation need to be developed at the earliest. I would like to start work on that right away.
- “WORKING MANUAL FOR THE VOLUNTARY MEMBERS OF AIWC”, must be made so that uniformity is maintained in all our branches.
- EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN: When we are working on Empowerment of Women, it appears that a whole generation worked to empower women, but we have forgotten to teach our men, how to live with these Empowered Women. So I would like to formulate a program on this subject which the branches should take up. That will also bring down the number of atrocities to a considerable extent.
- “SWACHHATA ABHIYAN”: Our Prime Minister’s Project is a project that I would like all our branches to take up on war footing. Each member of AIWC should be a volunteer in this and inspire others. We must make our country CLEAN and there by bring in good health to all. Cleanliness is next to Godliness & so this will be a great human service done by each one of us.
- SAVE OUR PLANET ,SAVE OUR EARTH: This of course is now almost like a final call if the generation next has to survive. I have definite plans for this project which I will be sharing with you soon & I expect all our branches to work on it.s
- “SEXUAL HARRASSMENT & ATROCITIES ON WOMEN” of all age groups. This project must be done with the help of local Govt. Authorities, so that at least the areas of our work become safe. We need to work tirelessly on changing the mind set of our society at large. It is a herculean task , but I am sure , all of us put together will bring in a noticeable change.
These are the few projects to begin with. As time goes by I will inform you of all the other projects that I have in mind which need to be done. Of course any suggestions for any new programs from any of you are most welcome. Ours must be a two way traffic, only then we can make some head way. You can email me all your suggestions. & I assure you that all of them will be considered in detail. I will always be accessible to you all.
I firmly believe that I have come to this position by sheer Divine Grace of the Almighty. I have been chosen the “Custodian” to carry on the rich legacy of AIWC to greater heights..
And while thanking you all once again, last but not the least, I would like to whole heartedly thank my husband Mr. Ranjit Kakde who is here right now to share this glorious moment with me. He has stood by me like a rock all through this 35 years of Social Service. During my tenure as Secretary General, he was unwell for sometime, so I thought I should stay back, but he was determined that I go ahead and honour my commitment. Ranjit, I take this opportunity to say just 2 words-THANK YOU. I have just no words to express what I am feeling right now . All this would never have been possible without your whole hearted support. So I will alter the famous quote, which is “behind every successful man stands a woman”, to “behind every successful woman also stands a man!!”
I truly believe that greatness is never achieved by a single person, it is always the power of an entire team that can achieve the impossible- I am here to work WITH you & together we shall achieve the impossible and that will be my biggest gift ever from you all,& not any material gifts at anytime.
No one can whistle a symphony ...you need an orchestra to play it. Without you all, I can never make the symphony- Ever!.
Remember only team work & team work alone can make the dream work. With a will that shall never die & perseverance that shall never accept defeat, all of us must walk hand in hand to continue to serve our organisation with the same unparalleled zest that our predecessors at the AIWC have. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts..... And that my dear friends is the thought that I would like to leave each & everyone of you with, to never let go of what we started together---- May our courage & our dream live on...because only then will AIWC achieve the goal that we have set for ourselves.
“Sarve Sukhinh Santu,
Sarve Santu Niramayah,
Sarve Bhadrani Pashyantu,
Om Shanti: Shanti: Shanti:”
30th January 2020.